Upcoming events are listed in a weekly email bulletin and on our calendar. If you do not receive our weekly email and would like to, please email email@example.com to subscribe.
Select ongoing events and opportunities are highlighted in our weekly email, while the full list of items are available on this weekly blog post. Instructions for submitting an item to either our calendar or blog are at the end of this post.
Last Day to Register for the Summer 2012 Sustainability Internship Symposium (posted 7/31)
Today, July 31st, is the last day to register for the Summer 2012 Sustainability Internship Symposium on August 3 from 11:30 am – 2:00 pm. The symposium will feature the summer research projects of IU Bloomington’s sustainability interns. The agenda will include:
– Complimentary lunch featuring local food
– Project presentations by three interns
– A poster session illustrating project findings for each intern
Visit the webpage for the 2011-12 academic year symposium to get a better idea of the event’s structure. A full listing of this year’s interns and their projects can be found here. We encourage you to register now to help us plan appropriately for the event. We hope you will join us in celebrating our students’ contributions to the campus sustainability initiative.
Volunteer for the Hoosier to Hoosier Sale (posted 7/31)
Get a sneak peek at sale goods! Volunteers are needed to help sort and stage the many items donated for the Hoosier to Hoosier Sale. Remaining pre-sale volunteer days include August 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, and volunteers are also needed on sale day itself, August 11. See the volunteer page for more information, or go directly to the sign-up page to register. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student leader sought for IUBeginnings: Sustain-Ability trip (posted 7/24)
IUOS is seeking a student leader for our IUBeginnings trip, August 10-15. See full description and application information here (PDF). Contact intern Haley Long at email@example.com with questions.
Submitting an event or opportunity:
- If you are interested in having an event included on our calendar, please send an email with the title, time, date, location and description to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Saturday evening before the Monday you wish for the event to begin to be advertised.
- Items for the blog post (ongoing events and other opportunities) may also be sent to email@example.com. Items will be listed for 4 weeks. After this time they will be retired, but you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to resubmit your item with an extension request if you feel your item should remain on the list for a longer period of time.
- Regional and national programs that have continual opportunities will be listed on a new webpage that we are in the process of developing. This will be a more static site that includes basic information and typical application and program dates. If we are contacted about an upcoming deadline for these opportunities, we will include a reminder in this weekly post.
- Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.